Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Available To: Faculty, Staff, Students
Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is the ninth major release of Mac OS X, and was released in July 2012.
(*This is not the latest version of Mac OS X. To view information on the latest version of Mac OS X, please visit our information on Mac OX X 10.9 (Mavericks).)
To install Mountain Lion, you need one of these Macs:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- 2 GB or more of memory
- 8 GB or more of available space
Data BackupComputer Backup Information - Saving Important Data
WirelessNAU Secure Wireless (NAU)
NAU Guest Wireless (NAU-Guest)
VPNVPN setup instructions.
Video TrainingsMac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Training Video (Lynda.com)
Northern Arizona University strives to support and maintain different operating systems for both Mac's and PCs alike.