Wireless Networks at NAU
NAU-Guest Network Access
Most NAU campus buildings and some statewide locations have wireless access provided by ITS. Below you will find a list of wireless networks that you can connect to.
NAU Secure Network Access
NAU-Guest is available to all NAU guests and provides basic access to Internet resources only. Upon connecting to NAU-Guest users will be prompted to read and agree to our acceptable use policy. In an effort to be as accessible to guests as possible, the public network does not provide any built-in encryption. If you use this network for sensitive work, or need to access resources normally blocked by the guest policy, we strongly recommend starting an encrypted VPN session to secure your network traffic. This will give you access to the broader NAU network. Also, please understand that access to the Internet via NAU-Guest has no parental-type control or filtering. NAU does not restrict content in that manner.
To learn more about connecting to the NAU-Guest network, choose from any of the platforms below.
Mac OS X
NAU Wireless Certificate Information
The NAU network is a secure network available to faculty, staff, and students with an NAU userID and Password. This network uses the WPA2 Enterprise security protocol to automatically encrypt all data travelling on the Wireless network. There is no agreement page presented to users of NAU. Once devices are connected and logged in, they have full access to NAU network resources and will reconnect automatically each time the NAU network is in range, providing a secure, convenient Wireless connection.
To learn more about connecting to the NAU network, choose from any of the platforms below.
Mac OS X
Certificate Name: wireless.nau.edu
Cert Hash(sha1): b4 d5 6f e3 4b 90 34 da 78 d1 3f be 67 16 78 c8 37 6a 31 cf
Cert Hash(sha256): 306f0748f6c2ebd83417165ddf40aea029a1c96e76beb61727fab17095157d2e
Apple Hash: B0 9B E0 85 25 C2 D6 23 E2 0F
Are you a student looking to connect to the internet from your dorm? Learn more about the ResNet network.ResNet Network Access
ResNet, or Residential Network, provides high-speed Ethernet and wireless connections to every student living in the residence halls of Northern Arizona University. The network is secured and protected by Impulse Point's SafeConnect program.
Are you going to be traveling to another university? Learn more about connecting to wireless networks when visiting other institutions.EDURoam Network Access
EDUROAM (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. Eduroam allows students, researchers, and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
Please remember when traveling, if you experience issues connection to EDURoam contact your institutional help desk. For NAU students please call the ITS Student Technology Center at 928-523-9294. For NAU faculty and staff please call the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-1511.
When will eduroam be available to use?
EDURoam is available to all locations that have the NAU Wireless networks. Users have the ability to login and begin utilizing EDURoam at any time.
How will I connect to eduroam?
To connect to the 'eduroam' network users will need to enter their NAU userID followed by '@nau.froot.nau.edu'
E.G. Faculty/Staff: ABC123@nau.froot.nau.edu
E.G. Students: ABC123@students.froot.nau.edu
Additional documentation will be made available in the coming weeks. If you have issues connecting to eduroam please contact either the ITS Student Technology Center for students at 928-523-9294 or the ITS Solution Center for faculty and staff at 928-523-1511.
Where is eduroam available?
Learn more about where eduroam is available by searching the eduroam institution list.
NAU Network Accepatble Use Policy
Network Acceptable Use Policy for Students
Network Acceptable Use Policy for Faculty/StaffNetwork Acceptable Use Policy for eduroam
- When using the eduroam service, you shall always comply with local laws that regulate the use of the service.
- You shall not use the eduroam service for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. private keys or passwords).
- Use of the eduroam service is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the service will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
- Logged information is used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. The logged information may be disclosed under lawful order to law enforcement or other entities.
- The access-granting bodies and Resource Providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of you violating any of these conditions of use.