Department and Organizational Shared Drives
NAUShares is a network storage area for departments to store important work documents and files that need to be accessed by other people.
NAUShares is backed up on a daily bases and you can restore missing files by selecting "Restore Files on NAUShares" from the sections below.Availability
NAUShares can be accessed by any student, faculty, or staff member if they have been given proper permissions to access their departments NAUShares.To Use this Service
How to RequestCost and Pricing
A computer running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 and newer
- Apple computers running OS X 10.7 and newer
- UNIX hosts that are running the SMB client
Restoring Files on NAUShares
NAUShares is free for any department on campus until the base quota is reached. The base quota is determined by employees within the department:
- 3 GB per full time employee
- 1.5 GB per part-time employee.
If you need more space on NAUShares it currently cost $0.05 per Gigabyte per month. Space is sold in five Gigabytes increments.
If you are interested in getting more space, please contact the ITS Solution Center or submit a ServiceNow ticket.
- Open up NAUShares.
- Right click on the folder in your NAUShares where your file or document was located and select "Properties."
- In the properties window go to the "Previous Versions" tab.
- Select the date from the list that you want to restore from and double click on the file name. This will open up a new window with all of your documents from that day.
- Once you find the document or file, you can drag it over to your NAUShares window
- Once the document or file is finished copying over into the NAUShares, you can close the restore window.
If you have any trouble contact the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-1511
Mapping a Network Drive