Home Drive for NAU Faculty and Staff
ITS offers centralized Home Drives to individuals with NAU domain accounts including all faculty, staff and student employees with SW Accounts.
The purpose of the Home Drive is to give individuals a place to store their work files and documents where they are backed up daily for over a month and are accessible from any computer with an Internet connection.To Use this Service:
How to request a Home Drive
A computer running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Apple computers running OS X 10.7 or newer
- UNIX hosts that are running the SMB client
- An Internet connection either on the NAU campus or connected to the NAU VPN
Home Drives are automatically created based on your affiliation with NAU. If you have questions please contact the ITS Solution Center
Frequently Asked QuestionsIs the Data on my Home Drive backed up?
Yes, your Home Drive is backed up on a daily basis. Backups are available for forty-two days.How do I recover data from my Home Drive?
How much storage do I get?
- Open up your Home Drive
- Right click on the folder on your Home Drive where your file or document was located and select "Properties."
- In the properties window go to the "Previous Versions" tab.
- Select the date from the list that you want to restore from and double click on the file name. This will open up a new window with all of your documents from that day.
- Once you find the document or file, you can drag it over to your Home Drive window.
- Once the document or file is finished copying over into the Home Drive, you can close the restore window.
If you have any trouble contact the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-1511.
Each user receives 25 Gigabytes (GB) of space.Can I request more storage?
ITS currently doesn't allow more than 25 GB of storage.Can I give others access to my Bonsai drive?
Who has access to my Bonsai drive?
No, the home drive is designed for individual use only. If you need to give other users access to you data, consider storing your data on NAUShares
You are the only individual who has access to your data. There are other administrative and system accounts that require access to your data for backup and virus protection.How long after I've left the university will I be able to retrieve my data?
Is there a way to access my files if I don't have an Internet connection?
Faculty data is kept for a year and all user types will be kept for six months. You must contact the ITS Solution Center
How do I map my Bonsai drive?
There is a way you can make your Bonsai drive available when you are offline but it has to be setup while you are still online. If you are interested in finding out more about this option please contact the ITS Solution Center
Windows: In the "Folder" field enter "\\bonsai.ucc.nau.edu\*\***".
- * Type in the first letter of your NAU User ID
- *** Type in your full NAU User IDExample: \\bonsai.ucc.nau.edu\A\abc123
Mac: In the "Server Address:" field type in "smb://bonsai.ucc.nau.edu/*/***".
- * Type in the first letter of your NAU User ID.
- *** Type in your full NAU User ID.Example: "smb://bonsai.ucc.nau.edu/A/abc123"
For help with mapping your Bonsai drive, please refer to our Network Drive support page under the "Mapping a Network Drive" section with a specific operating system.
If you are not on the NAU network you will be required to connect to the NAU VPN to connect to your Bonsai drive. Please refer to our VPN support page for help with getting connected.
If you have any trouble with this contact the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-1511.