Equity and Access Office
The Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity has changed its name to the Equity and Access Office (EAO).
The Equity and Access Office (EAO) ensures the university is meeting its obligations regarding:
- affirmative action in employment
- equal opportunity
- non-discrimination and harassment
- accessibility and reasonable accommodations for
individuals with disabilities
The following individuals serve as the university compliance officers for civil rights:
- ADA/504 Coordinator - Jamie Axelrod, Director
- Title IX Coordinator - Pamela Heinonen, Director
- Affirmative Action, Title VII and Title VI - Priscilla Mills, Assistant Vice President for Equity Compliance
Northern Arizona University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or other legally or policy protected status, in the university's services, educational programs, and activities, including but not limited to, admission to and employment by the university. As a federal contractor, the university is committed to affirmative action in employment for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.