Teach the Future
In the education field, you must be prepared to meet the needs of students in a technologically advancing world.
Programs we offer
Our educational technology programs are offered completely online and help you understand the use and integration of technology in instructional learning settings.
What you’ll learn
Our Educational Technology area is designed to help you explore:
- the use and integration of technology in instructional learning settings
- computer-aided learning
What you’ll experience
We provide you with experiential preparation in strategies for teaching in classrooms—whether equipped with just one computer or with state-of-the-art technology.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Study after study has identified good pre-service and
in-service training in technology as the most pressing public school need
related to educational technology.
Our academic plans are based on the standards set forth by
the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) for both Technology Coaches and Technology Directors. All NAU Teacher Education Programs are accredited through The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education NCATE – and are recognized by ISTE at the Technology Coach and Technology Director levels.
To be admitted to one of these programs, you must:
- Have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Be admitted to the university’s Graduate College
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (B) in your undergraduate program of study (some programs will also review your first 9 hours of graduate coursework to verify the 3.0 grade point average in lieu of an overall 3.0 in your undergraduate degree)
- Complete a program of studies form with one of our graduate advisers and submit it to our department office