Serving the university through the web
How we can help
Our team, formerly known as EDEN Support, has joined Enterprise Information Solutions within ITS.
Our current scope of services includes:
- Ektron CMS training and support
- Web publishing support for www.nau.edu
- Custom web development for www.nau.edu, including web forms
- University events calendar support (events.nau.edu)
We are also available to consult with you regarding non-Ektron web projects, web best practices, and related work.
Why the web is important
The web impacts every aspect of the university:
- According to a 2011 survey of more than 1,000
college-bound high school students, 1 in 5 respondents said they would remove a
university entirely from their consideration if they didn’t find the
information they needed on its website.
- In a 2006 study of 129 US university websites, a
strong correlation was found between higher average freshman retention rates
and highly-usable content, which includes minimal use of jargon, simplified
menus, and consistent use of language.
- Universities are increasingly being scrutinized
for lack of compliance with web accessibility regulations: Penn State
University was recently cited with a formal Federal complaint because of allegedly high
levels of inaccessibility on its web properties.