Academy 2014 Summer Jobs
General Instructors and Communications Instructor (Upward Bound only)
Certified high school teachers in English, math, social studies, and/or science team teach an integrated curriculum (General Instructors). The goal of Academy is to increase students’ interest and skills in science, mathematics, social science, and humanities utilizing a Culture of Sustainability curriculum while introducing students to college life, emphasizing social, cultural, personal, and leadership skills.
Approximately Wednesday, May 28 - Friday, May 30, 2014
General Classroom Instruction
Monday, June 2 - Friday, June 27, 2014
Class on Saturday, June 7th, 2014
No Class on Friday, June 13, 2014
Class on Saturday, June 21, 2014
Academy Graduation: Saturday, June 28, 2014
Communication/Public Speaking Instruction
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm from Monday, June 2 to Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Communication Instructor: Position Closed
General Instructor: Position Closed
Supplemental Instructors (Upward Bound only)
- Currently-enrolled college students (recent Bachelor's degree and/or higher preferred) with an interest in living in Flagstaff for the summer and helping high school students successfully complete a Coconino Community College course (ENG 090 or introductory Social Science course).
- Supplemental Instructors (SIs) attend a summer session course with 5-10 students and hold a 2 hour tutorial lab with those students 4 days a week.
- The total time commitment is approximately 20 hours a week.
- Pay is $15.50/hr.
Application Deadline: April 11, 2014
Service Learning Leaders (Upward Bound only)
- Service Learning Leaders will facilitate a 45 minute Service Learning class, transport and supervise students at the service learning sites, ensure communication among staff, students and site coordinators.
- Three Service Learning Leaders to work 10 hours a week during Academy.
- Employment begins on Tuesday, June 3 to June 24, 2014. Service Learning Leaders are required to work 7 afternoons Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm for a total of 40 hours during the month.
- Pay is 13.25/hr.
Application Deadline: April 4, 2014