Academy 2013 Summer Jobs
General Instructors and Greek Elements Instructor (Upward Bound only)
Certified high school teachers in English, math, social studies, and/or science team teach an integrated curriculum (General Instructors). The goal of Academy is to increase students’ interest and skills in science, mathematics, social science, and humanities utilizing a Culture of Sustainability curriculum while introducing students to college life, emphasizing social, cultural, personal, and leadership skills.
Approximately Wednesday, May 29 - Friday, May 31, 2013
General Classroom Instruction
Monday, June 3 - Friday, June 28, 2013
Greek Elements Classroom Instruction
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 1:30 pm - 4:30pm from Monday, June 3 to Wednesday, June 26, 2013 (class on Saturday, June 8, no class on Friday, June 14, and class on Saturday, June 22, 2013. Graduation on Saturday, June 29, 2013)
Greek Elements Instructor: EXTENDED to April 5, 2013
General Instructor: March 22, 2013
Supplemental Instructors (Upward Bound only)
- Currently-enrolled college students (recent Bachelor's degree and/or higher preferred) with an interest in living in Flagstaff for the summer and helping high school students successfully complete a Coconino Community College course (ENG 090 or introductory Social Science course).
- Supplemental Instructors (SIs) attend a summer session course with 5-10 students and hold a 2 hour tutorial lab with those students 4 days a week.
- The total time commitment is approximately 20 hours a week.
- Pay is $15.50/hr.
Application Deadline: EXTENDED to April 5, 2013
Service Learning Leaders (Upward Bound only)
- Four Service Learning Leaders to work 10 hours a week during Academy.
- The specific hours and days will be assigned by the Program Coordinator, but the Service Learning Leader will work 8 days for a total of 40 hours during the month.
- Pay is $10.00/hour.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2013