Join our Legacy of Success
Students MUST meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the Upward Bound program:
- Low-income and/or first generation college bound
students (parents or guardians have not received a baccalaureate degree)
- High School freshman on a “college track”*
- Selected applicants must be committed to
completing the four week 2017 summer Academy.
- Attending one of the four participating high
- Coconino High School
- Flagstaff High School
- Williams High School
- Winslow High School
* Please note: sophomore, junior, and senior applicants will
not be accepted.
2016 - 2017 Application Procedures
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Complete and signed 2016-2017 Upward Bound Application.
- Copy of parents/guardians completed 2015 federal income taxes (Taxes must be SIGNED).
- If 2015 taxes were not filed, please complete the Parent/Guardian Income Affidavit included in the UB application.
- A copy of your Social Security Number.
- Copy of your Arizona State ID. (If you do not have an Arizona State ID, please obtain one. Students must have their Arizona ID prior to attending the 2017 Academy.)
- A copy of your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB), if applicable.
- A copy of your high school grades.
- Three TEACHER evaluations (English, Math, Science).
- Five STUDENT reflective questions.
- Three PARENT reflective questions.
Application Priority Due Date: December 9, 2016
Application Deadline Date: January 20, 2017
For additional information, please contact the Upward Bound Program at 928-523-6984 or firstname.lastname@example.org.