Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
As a benefit of the university’s enhanced
institutional membership in the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR), our faculty, staff,
and students are eligible to join at no cost.
Founded in 1978, the mission of the CUR
is to support and promote high-quality, collaborative research and scholarship
between undergraduates and faculty. The CUR
believes that faculty members enhance their teaching and contribution to
society with active research projects and by involving undergraduates in
Membership benefits of the CUR include:
- Access to the members only
website. The website contains information such as funding resources, annotated bibliographies of key references on undergraduate research topics, webinar archives, advocacy, and much more.
- Access to CUR's Undergraduate Researchers Registry. The registry facilitates matchmaking between undergraduates with research experience and graduate schools seeking high quality students.
- Access to the CUR mentor network. The mentor network matches individuals seeking information about undergraduate research programs with experienced, tenured CUR faculty mentors.
- An electronic subscription to CUR Quarterly, the
highly-regarded journal focusing on topics related to undergraduate
research. Access is also available to the CUR Quarterly Archives.
- A monthly subscription to CUR
E-News, the electronic newsletter addressing current issues in
undergraduate research. The newsletter
includes topics such as government and policy news from headquarters, as well as updates on future programs and meetings. You may additionally subscribe to other newsletters such as This Week in Washington or Deadlines and Upcoming Events.
- Substantial discounts on CUR publications and registration to CUR events, such as the CUR Biennial Conference, the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) and other CUR Institutes.
Become a member
Go to the new member webpage, and after you enter your name and
title, select Northern Arizona University from the drop down menu. It will alert you to the fact that your
membership is covered and then will prompt you to continue to add your contact
You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your
membership is processed and will be able to register for members only
access by visiting the forgot password page to have a copy of you login sent to you