Become a Student Success Coach 2015 - 2016
The mission of the Student Success Coaching program is to establish a
foundation for success in college and life. The program is designed to empower
students through a voluntary coaching relationship with an NAU employee or
retiree trained in life-coaching tools and resources. The program equips
students to manage their transition to college, access support, and explore
academic and career opportunities.
Success Coaching is a unique opportunity offered to current and retired NAU
employees. Coaches meet with students
weekly and support them in a student centered coaching model to develop success
strategies and connections to campus resources.
This position is compensated through supplemental pay. Current employees
are required to have supervisor approval in order to work outside of their primary work schedule. Training will be provided
by the SSC staff and university partners. Program eligibility and responsibilities
are outlined below.
- Current or
retired Northern Arizona University employee
- Current NAU employee
- Conduct all program activities outside of primary work schedule (current employees)
the 3D Tools certification (licensed by Patterson Sports Ventures), NAU
resource training and practice sessions
monthly on-going training:
- Team lunch meeting
- Individual meeting with
a minimum of three students per semester (dependent on student participation)
- Estimate one hour per student, per week
supervisor approval and department signatures for supplemental compensation
- up to $375 per student, per semester
- Pay is pro-rated based on the start and end dates of the student/coach relationship
- Retirees are paid bi-weekly
- Current employees are paid once a semester through a supplemental compensation form
Application ProcessCurrent Coaches
Current Student Success Coaches (AY 2014/15) are not required to complete this application process.New Coaches
All application materials are due by Friday, March 20th 2015 at 5:00pm.
Step 1: Complete and submit the application.
Step 2: Current NAU employees only: Download and complete the Supervisor Approval Form. This form must be completed by your supervisor, scanned and emailed to email@example.com in order for your application to be complete. Please bring the original to your interview.
- February 16th - Application Opens
- March 20th @ 5pm - Application Deadline
- March 23rd through April 3rd - Interviews
- April 10th - Notification of Hiring Decisions
- April 16th - Acceptance Deadline
- April 27th @12-1pm - New Coach Orientation
Supervisor Approval Form