Student Success Coaching
Coaching Students from Good to Great!
Student Success Coaching is a free, two-semester program offered to students at the Flagstaff-Mountain Campus. In this program, students meet weekly, one-on-one, with a coach to gain the knowledge and resources needed to have a successful first-year. Our coaches consist of current and retired faculty or staff members from various departments across the NAU campus. Each coach is trained and certified in a set of action-oriented tools, as well as being educated in campus resources designed to help students successfully transition to NAU.
You could meet with a Student Success Coach to:
- Identify how you spend your time and energy
- Develop strategies on how to work with your professors
- Connect you with key academic and campus resources
- Help you successfully adjust to your new environment
- Clarify your goals
- Discover how to get involved in clubs and organizations
- Succeed in your academic and personal life
What would you tell a student considering joining Student Success Coaching?
“It is an amazing opportunity that allows you to adjust to university life, have someone to talk to one-on-one, and get help with resources around campus. If you are hesitant, try it for at least two weeks.”
- Kaylen G.
What was the most important lesson you learned from your Student Success Coach?
“The biggest thing that my coach taught me was that it is okay to be uncertain about stuff, and that I will find direction if I stay diligent.”
- Ryan S.