Grade Performance Status (GPS)
GPS helps you stay on the same page as your professors, which in turn makes it easier for you to succeed. You receive direct feedback via your NAU e-mail from professors on issues such as:
How does GPS work?
First, instructors send you direct feedback via GPS emails about your academic performance. GPS messages are focused on Attendance, Grades, Academic Concerns, and Positive Feedback.
- Check your class syllabus and ask your instructors if they use GPS
- Watch for GPS notifications in MyNAU and check your NAU email account (not Bb Learn) for GPS messages
Then, you choose the appropriate next step once you receive a GPS message.
- Need further discussion? Reply directly to the instructor using the GPS email, call, or visit during office hours.
- Need resources or information to create or execute your action plan? Use ResourceConnect to locate resources to support your needs.
- Need advice? Contact your advisor if you have an issue with the class, you are thinking about dropping or withdrawing from a class, or personal issues are interfering with performance.
- Advisors and student support personnel can access copies of your GPS messages recorded in LOUIE to improve their ability to help you and offer personalized recommendations.