UC Liberal Studies Faculty Excellence Award
The Dean of University College, Karen Pugliesi, and Cyndi Banks, the Associate Dean of University College, are pleased to announce that nominations for the University College Liberal Studies Faculty Excellence Award will open on February 1st, 2014. Faculty may self-nominate or nominate a colleague. Students may nominate a faculty member. All nominations are to be sent to Liane.Sims@nau.edu.
This award recognizes and rewards sustained instructional excellence by faculty of all ranks teaching liberal studies classes.
The deadline for the application has been extended to March 24th, 2014.
2014 Outstanding Academic Advisor of the Year
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor/Advisor
- Outstanding Professional Advisor
Criteria for awardsRead more
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Availability for advisees, faculty or staff
- Number of advisees & frequency of contact with advisees
- Impact on student success
- Participation in and support of developmental advising
- Monitoring of student progress
- Mastery of advising skills
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies and procedures
- Efforts to advance or innovate within the advising community
We would like to recognize the following award recipients
2014 President's Achievement Award - Eileen Mahoney
Teacher of the Year Award - Jacob Dolence
Innovation in Teaching Award - Lela Montfort
Innovation in Programming Award - Emily McCarthy
Enhancing Student Success Award - Cory Quackenbush
Staff of the Year Award - Lauren Berutich
University College Leadership Award - Liane Sims
University College Fellows Leadership Award - Terry Blows
FYLI Coordinator Award for Socializing Students to Excellence - Alex Alvarez
FYLI Coordinator Award for Design - Dave Koerner
FYLI Coorginator Award for Course Coordination - Steve Jacobs & Maggie Vanderberg
FYLI Academic Department Award and Cultures - Global Languages and Cultures
The next awards will be given out Spring 2015.