2014 Application Is Now Closed!
Thank you to all applicants! We wish you luck as you continue through the process!
In order to apply, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the online application on or before the final deadline on 5 PM on Sunday, October 20th. Applications submitted after that date will NOT be considered.
- Please note that you must be logged into your NAU Gmail account in order to access this application.
- If you have a personal Gmail account, it may interfere with your NAU login. You may want to try using a different browser.
- If you have trouble completing the application, please contact us at YouLead@nau.edu
- If you are selected for an in person interview, you will be required to bring a paper copy of your resume and a coverletter as your "ticket in". You may wish to being preparing these materials in advance of scheduling an interview.
- You will need to contact three professional references and ask them to complete our online recommendation form, available below.
- If you are applying for a Peak Performance Math Coach position, at least one of your three references MUST be from a current NAU faculty member in the Math Department.
- The deadline to submit all recommendations is 5 PM on Sunday, October 27th.
- When contacting your references, please be sure to provide them with your NAU student email address (in the form email@example.com). They will need this information to complete your recommendation.
Our Academic Peer Leader positions include, International Peer Coaches, Academic Success Coaches, NAU 100 Peer Instructors, and Peak Performance Math Coaches. Position descriptions will be available soon.
Online Application Form
- Click this link to begin filling out your application for up to two Academic Peer Leader positions.
Online Nomination Form - Nominations are ongoing throughout the year. Please nominate any NAU students that you think would make a great Academic Peer Leader, so we can send them an invitation to apply. We're looking for candidates with strong academic records who are interested in helping other NAU students achieve success in the first year!
Online Recommendation Form - If a student has requested that you complete a Recommendation Form on their behalf, please select this link.
Preparing Your Application
We require all applicants to submit a resume, coverletter, and three academic or professional recommendations in order to be considered for positions with our department. Take a look at our list of resources related to the application process. We have also compiled a list of FAQ's for requesting recommendations from your references.
Current and Former Academic Peer Leader Resources
If you need a letter of recommendation from an ATP staff/faculty member, or if you'd like to list one of us as a reference, please download and read our Guide to Requesting an ATP Reference.
Online Re-Application Form (Returning ATP APL's only, please.) - Complete this application if you would like to continue working with ATP in the 2014-2015 Academic Year, AND you are currently an ASC-ME Coach, NAU 100 Peer Instructor, or International Peer Coach.
Returning APL Online Recommendation Form (NAU 120 Faculty & PI Supervisors ONLY) - ATP Staff can complete this recommendation on behalf of APL's who wish to return for Fall 2014. This form is not required for Spring 2014.