University College provides each student the foundation for discovering a meaningful path that will lead to academic and personal success for college and beyond.
University College's mission is to support undergraduate student learning, persistence and lifelong success through the innovative use of active and effective pedagogies and the development of student support initiatives.
University College will demonstrate leadership through collaborations with faculty, staff and the community to create a compelling, holistic undergraduate experience that encourages students to take ownership of their education and success. We will accomplish this through:
- Supporting critical skill development
- Facilitating student transitions
- Fostering engagement with the university and the broader community
- Providing undergraduate research opportunities
- Promoting development of strengths, values, self-awareness, and identity development
- Sharing of scholarship and effective practices
Definition of Student Success:
Successful students strive to be self-directed, self-aware and able to make informed decisions. T hey are able to define meaningful careers, academic and life goals, and to make progress toward those goals by navigating obstacles, managing transitions and making the most of connections through curricular and co-curricular experiences. Successful students understand their own strengths and values, as well as diverse perspectives and are prepared to use those strengths in service with their communities, the nation, and the world.