Start your own
By following the right steps, you can easily start your own student
Sign in to the Student Life Community once
you have read the background information:
All new student organizations must submit the following
information online for their registration materials to be complete:
- a roster of five student members with at least
- a full-time faculty or staff member willing to
be your organization adviser
- the organization constitution or governing
Once your registration application is complete and
submitted, ASNAU will vote to approve your organization. Once your registration
materials are complete you will be placed on the agenda for the next ASNAU
meeting, which takes place each week on Thursday afternoon at 4 p.m. in the
Havasupai Room A and B of the University Union. We will let you know when
you should attend the meeting. A member of your organization will need to be in
attendance at the Thursday meeting to provide a brief presentation about your
group – usually two to three minutes.
ASNAU will then vote on your organization’s registration,
after which your group will be activated within the Student Life Community.
This process only takes place the first time a group is
established at the university or if the group has been inactive for more than
two years. Following this first approval, you will simply need to update
your information online each year through the Student Life Community.
Get started online
- Log in to the Student Life Community.
- Once you are logged in, you will find a yellow
box at the right hand top of the page.
- Click on “New Group Registration.”
- Complete the information in each field.
- Be sure to click on the button to add documents
so you can add your constitution.
- Be sure to add your members and officers (you
- Submit your materials.
If you need assistance, please contact the Office of Student
Life by email at Student.Life@nau.edu
or call 928-523-5181. We are happy to assist.