Our Peer Mentors are successful upper-classmen who want to
help you have a memorable college experience, starting with your freshmen year.
Our mission is to build community, and facilitate a support
network for first-year students. We help
ease your transition to the university, and develop your sense of
self-direction by promoting learning beyond the classroom. We empower you to
achieve autonomy while completing your degree.
We ensure that you have the opportunity to succeed, and to
enjoy yourself while at the university and in the Flagstaff community.
We strive to connect you with people, departments, and other
resources on campus and in the Flagstaff community.
Advantages for freshmen in
the Peer Jacks program
- one-on-one connection with a Peer Mentor
- exclusive events specifically for mentors and
- opportunities to meet other out-of-state
freshmen with similar interests
- expert knowledge of campus and community
- a job opportunity your sophomore year