Financial terms and conditions
- My student account reflects a balance I owe for
educational services obtained from and the associated costs of attending
Northern Arizona University.
- The university is an institution of higher education. As
such, all or a portion of my student account is considered to be an educational
loan offered for the sole purpose of financing an education and is not
dischargeable in bankruptcy proceedings.
- This agreement will be in effect until I have fulfilled all
financial obligations to the university and the university has terminated this
- I authorize Northern Arizona University and its agents, representatives, attorneys and contractors (including collection agencies) to contact me through my mobile phone, home phone and email, including by way of text and automated message calls, for purposes of collecting any portion of my student financial obligation which is past due.
- I promise to pay the university the principal, and any late
fees, fines or penalties by the due dates stated on my student account and in
applicable university catalogs and/or websites.
- If payment is made by check and the check is returned, I agree
that a fee of $30 for a returned check will be charged to my student
- If I expect financial aid to pay all or part of my financial
obligations to the university, I understand that it is my responsibility to
meet all requirements for disbursement to my student account. I authorize
the university to use the financial aid to pay for all education costs charged
to my student account for my entire period of enrollment or attendance at the
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all
requirements of grantors, lenders, employers, and other third party payers are
met on a timely basis.
- I understand that despite my expectations for payment from
financial aid or other sources, that I am ultimately responsible for all
- I understand that my financial aid may be adjusted due to
eligibility. I agree to pay back to the university any amounts that I am
not eligible for under applicable financial aid guidelines.
- If I fail to pay my student account, I understand the university
will charge the following late fees.
Past due amount
$50.01 - $100
$100.01 - $500
$500.01 - $1,000
$1,000 and above
I will be in default if:
I break any promise made to the university or fail to perform
promptly at the time and in the manner provided in my housing plan, meal plan,
or tuition plan agreement with the university or fail to pay other charges,
including but not limited to, parking fees or fines, Fronske charges, or
financial aid adjustments that post to my student account by the due date on
Rights of university under default
If there is an event of default, the university may exercise any
remedy allowed by law, including one or more of the following, without notice
or demand (except as required by law):
- The University may declare the principal balance plus any late
fees, fines or penalties immediately due and payable in full.
- The University may hire or pay a third-party to collect the
debt. I agree to reimburse the university the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 30% of the debt.
I will pay the university
all costs of collection, including without limitations, reasonable attorney
fees, whether or not there is a lawsuit. If not prohibited by applicable
law, I will also pay any court costs, in addition to all other sums provided by
I understand that I must
abide by the official university policies regarding withdrawal from the
university. Withdrawal from the university, whether voluntary or at the
request of the university, does not exempt me from payment in full for charges
incurred while attending the university.
For purposes of
collection of amounts owed by me to the university, I consent to the
jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Arizona, Coconino County.
Withhold diplomas, transcripts, grades
The university may
withhold my official transcript, diploma, or grades until all my financial
obligations have been met.
Prevent future registration
The university may
prevent future registration until all my financial obligations have been met.
Credit bureau reporting
I understand that failure
to pay my student account may result in the university filing an adverse report
with credit bureaus.