The functional résumé is organized by skill sets rather then timelines. The functional résumé focuses on individuals whose education and experience do not obviously match their career objectives.
Functional résumés are beneficial for many reasons:
- Direct readers to what you want them to notice
- Demonstrates precise skills that the employer wants
- Utilizes upaid, volunteer, and non-work experiences to your advantage
- Eliminates work history that may not support your current objective
Functional résumés should still include your work history in reverse chronological order.
A functional résumé should include:
- Professional/Related Experiences
- Employment History