Preparing for the Interview
Proper preparation is the fastest way to success.
Research the company before the interview. Become familiar with:
- Their website
- Recent press releases
- Their mission statements
What to Wear?!?
When you have an interview, it is important to look the part.
- When in doubt, always err on the side of conservative, modest, and formal.
- Black is not the only option! Stick more with neutral colors such as grey, brown, caramel, olive, and navy.
- Wear good shoes. Be sure to give your shoes a polish before the interview. Women: Keep the shoes closed-toed.
- Limit accessories.
- Be sure to be well groomed!
Prepare Prepare Prepare
- Practice interview questions in front of a mirror and with a friend. Ask them to provide constructive criticism on your speaking styles, mannerisms, and poise. While practicing be aware of your use of "like" and "um"
- Review the job posting again.
- Evaluate your strengths. Evaluate your skills, abilities, and education.
- Decide what questions you want to ask during your interview.