Master of Arts in Sustainable Communities
This is a 36-credit-hour, theses-based program that encourages you to
pursue social and environmental sustainability issues.
The program revolves around the Action Research Teams (ARTs), with students working closely with community people and volunteering 3 hours per week in their first year.
You will have the opportunity to work with your adviser to establish an area of focus that reflects your specific interests.
Overall, the Master’s in Sustainable Communities is:
- interdisciplinary and issue-based
- focused on linking theory and practice
- based on community organizing
- weighted in local and regional community partners
- open and flexible, as sustainability is an evolving topic
It’s a small world, after all…
See where past and current Master's in Sustainable Communities students come from: