Internship proposal outline
The internship proposal should include:
- An overview describing the agency or site, its
background, what it does, and who your supervisor will be.
- A description of your role and responsibilities
for the organization. This will be aligned with the needs of the agency as
expressed by your supervisor and their policies.
- A narrative of your goals and objectives for the
- A strategic plan and timeline for completing the
- A literature review describing how the
internship connects with specific sociological literature. You should outline
the theoretical and substantive areas you plan to examine. Display a
familiarity with the literature and highlight key themes and concepts that you feel
will help you evaluate, assess, or research the particular organization.
- A description of what type of manuscript you aim
to write at the end, including what kind of sociological analysis you intend to
bring to the project.
- The proposal needs to be approved by your
chair, and then read and signed by the committee.
Internship proposal example