How to apply at NAU
The admission process for graduate students is handled by the NAU Graduate College. Please visit the NAU Graduate College website for more information about the admission process.
For admission to our program, we require that you complete a minimum of 18 undergraduate hours in Psychology, including courses in:
- Introductory Psychology
- (Psychology) Statistics
- Research methods in Psychology
As a general guideline, we seek applicants with:
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of 300 on the combined verbal and quantitative GRE scores
The GRE subject test is not required.
The Psychological Sciences graduate application requires the following information/documents:
- Completed Application (through NAU Graduate College website)
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation (referees will be contacted electronically)
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum vitae
Elements to Include in Your Online Application
- Complete the Northern Arizona University Graduate College application.
- Submit a statement of interest (500-700 words), discussing the following (with specific examples):
- Why you are interested in our graduate program in psychology
- Educational, research, and professional qualifications that highlight your fit with our program
- Career goals
- Level of independence as student
- Level of motivation
- Have your unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts sent to the Graduate College (if you are offered admission, NAU will require official transcripts):
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, Arizona 86011
- Take the GRE and have your verbal, analytical writing, and quantitative scores sent to:
Northern Arizona University - Department of Psychology (school code is 4006 and department code is 2001).
Review of applications begin February 1, 2017.
Review closes on April 1, 2017.