Psychology graduate degree program admissions
For admission to our program, we require that you complete a
minimum of 18 undergraduate hours in psychology, including courses in:
- introductory psychology
- psychology statistics
- research methods in psychology
As a general guideline, we seek applicants with:
- a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- a minimum of 300 on the combined verbal and
quantitative GRE scores
The GRE subject test is not required, but we do require
quantitative and verbal sections completed.
- 3 electronic academic letters of recommendation (each referrer's email address will be needed)
- letter of interest
Applications are due by February 1.
Elements to Include in Your Online Application
- Complete the Northern Arizona University Graduate College application.
- Submit a statement of interest (500-700 words), discussing
the following and using examples:
- why you are interested in our graduate program
- educational, research, and professional
qualifications that highlight your fit with our program
- level of independence as student
- level of motivation
- Have your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts sent to the
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, Arizona 86011
- Take the GRE and have
your verbal, analytical writing, and quantitative scores sent to:
Northern Arizona University - Department of Psychology (school code is 4006 and department
code is 2001).
- Have three academic electronic letters of recommendation sent. When you apply, the application will ask you to provide the email addresses for the referrers. They will receive an email initiating the process.