Travel information for students
Contact Amanda Garrison, Travel Administrator in room 224 in the SBS-Castro building or at 928-523-6544 with questions about travel.
Travel application and authorization
You must obtain an e-mail from the department chair approving all travel.
You must submit all receipts obtained prior to travel (e.g. conference fees, hotel and transportation costs) before travel.
- annual travel certification form: Please complete and submit the form to the department's travel specialist. This form must be renewed every year and must be on file before you leave for your first trip in the new year. Reimbursement is contingent upon completion and submission of this form.
- student travel award program, SBS (PDF file): Review SBS travel award procedures.
- student application (Word
version): Travel worksheet is used to determine funding availability. It must
be submitted in advance of the trip.
Keep track of expenses
- daily travel log: a travel log for mileage for multiple sites,
or use Google Maps for set mileage
- county codes: Find the correct
county for your travel destination. Enter the destination in the feature name
area and then select the correct state, then click the send query button. This
will give you the county of the destination city. You then take that
information to the destination codes link. For foreign travel (which includes
Alaska and Hawaii), please see your travel liaisons.
- M&IE/domestic travel: travel
codes, per diem, and lodging rates information. Destination codes are
determined by the state and county your travel city is located in.
- Example: Phoenix is in Maricopa County, Arizona.
The lodging and per diem are set for Phoenix - Maricopa County on the
destination code link. If your travel location county is not listed in the
destination code link then use the "all counties not specified"
lodging and per diem rates.
Secure additional funding