Blg SBS Rm #235
Northern Arizona University
Politics & International Affairs
- American politics
- political participation
- public opinion
- social movements
- internet democracy
- research methodology
- PhD, Rutgers University, 1990
- MA, Rutgers University, 1985
- BA, Pennsylvania State University, 1976
- Professor: Department of Politics
& International Affairs, Northern Arizona University. 2002-present. [Assistant Professor, 1990-1996; Associate
- Visiting Professor: University Studies Abroad Consortium,
University of Alicante, Spain. Fall 2014.
- Chair: Department of Politics & International Affairs,
Northern Arizona University. 2008-2011, 2013-2014.
- Director: Social Research Laboratory, College of Social
and Behavioral Sciences, Northern Arizona University. 1999 to 2008 [Involved
with SRL since 1992].
- Scholar-in-Residence: The University of
Valencia, Spain, Northern Arizona University International Studies Program.
- Visiting Scholar: The University of
Amsterdam, Netherlands. Spring 1998.
- Visiting Scholar: Center for Political
Studies, The University of Michigan. Fall 1997.
I. Solop and Nancy A. Wonders (2015) “Data Aggregation versus Traditional
Journalism in Election Reporting: An Analysis of Competing Narratives in the
2012 Presidential Election,” Electronic
Frederic I. Solop (2009) "RT @BarackObama We Just Made History: Twitter and the 2008 Presidential Election," John Allen Hendricks and Robert E. Denton, Jr., eds. Communicator-in-Chief: A Look at How Barack Obama used New Media Technology to Win the White House. Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books
Roddy Brett and Frederic I. Solop (2008) "Decir verdades acalladas y rebatir invisibilidades subalternas: investigación académica en casos legales," Nomades. Number 29 (October) pp. 80-95