Blg SBS Rm #240
Northern Arizona University
Politics & International Affairs
- public administration
- comparative public policy
- PhD, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- MPA, Syracuse University, New York
- BA, (Hons.) University of Nairobi
- E-Government: The use of information & communication technologies in administration. Youngstown, NY: Cambria, 2011.
- "Game ON: Video Games and Obama's race to the White House." in John Allen Hendricks and Robert E. Denton, Jr. (eds.). Communicator-in-Chief: A Look at How Barack Obama used New Media Technology to Win the White House, (Lexington Books in Lanham, Maryland, 2009).
- "Managerial Discretion in Government Decision -Making: Beyond the Street Level," (with Jacqueline Vaughn) (Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett, 2007)
- "Comparative Public Administration: The Essential Readings," co-edited volume (with Nancy Lind). (Oxford, U.K: Elsevier, JAI, 2006)
Dr. Otenyo's peer reviewed articles are in numerous journals and professional outlets including, International Journal of Services, Economics and Management; Public Resistance; International Journal of Public Administration; Studies in Conflict and Terrorism; African Security Review; Journal of Asian and African Studies; Journal of Public Administration and Management; Public Organization Review; Cornell University's IAD Occasional Papers Series and the International Journal of the Academy of Organizational Behavior Management.
Dr. Otenyo teaches courses in public administration and frequently teaches courses offered on the web.