Community Planning Graduate Certificate
Do you want a career in rural or urban planning—one of
today’s leading fields— but aren’t seeking a degree? Then our community
planning certificate may be for you.
In this certificate program, you’ll learn:
- fundamental as well as advanced knowledge of professional planning practices
- the elements of efficient and ethical land use
- real world and practical skills and technologies
courses and degree information
Go to the NAU academic catalog for more details on courses and certificate information. (In the Search Degrees box, enter "planning certificate".)
Please see our FAQ for Graduate Certificate Applicants.
To apply for the community planning graduate certificate:
- complete the application form on
the Graduate College website
- submit your previous college transcripts to the
- submit one letter of recommendation to the department
- submit a one page statement of interest to the
department answering the following:
- Why do you want to pursue this certificate?
- What are your educational goals?
- local government
- federal land management agencies
- international development organizations
- private sector land development companies
- community development divisions
- city and county planning departments