ICOPE 6 - Guidelines for Proposal Submission
length of each symposium abstract (description of the major theme of the
symposium and how the individual presentations contribute to the major theme)
should be 250-450 words (excluding references), with single-line spacing, and a
margin of 2 cm or .8 inch. Please use 12pt font.
In general, it is expected that abstracts will address:
- Introduction to the topic or context and/or mapping of the literature
- Aims of the project or research questions and/or focus of inquiry
- Sound research methods and/or analytical, theoretical framework
- Research findings and critical analysis
- Originality and contribution to the field
The symposium abstract submission, which should be a single WORD document, must consist of:
- Title page should include the title of the symposium, followed by the name, affiliation and email of the corresponding author and of the Chairperson (if different than corresponding author).
- For each individual presentation within the symposium, include the title, authors, and affiliations. Please indicate which, if any, of the authors are students.
- Please bold the name of the person who will be presenting for each abstract. Additionally, include the statement: “The authors have read, and accept, the Conditions, Requirements and Disclaimer regarding abstract submissions” on the title page as well.
- Subsequent pages should contain the title and abstract for the symposium (description of the major theme of the symposium and how the individual presentations contribute to the major theme), and a title and abstract for each of the individual presentations in the symposium.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The oral presentation abstract or poster abstract submission, which should be a single WORD document, must consist of:
- A title page with the title of the paper, name and email of corresponding author, followed by the names and affiliations of all the authors. Please indicate which, if any, of the authors are students.
- Please bold the name of the person who will be presenting.
- Please indicate the desired format: Oral presentation or Poster. Include this statement: “The authors have read, and accept, the Conditions, Requirements, and Disclaimer regarding abstract submissions” on the first page as well.
- The second page should contain the title of the paper/poster, and the abstract.
Email your submission to email@example.com.
Please note these conditions, requirements and disclaimer:
- The length of each symposium abstract (description of the major theme of the symposium and how the individual presentations contribute to the major theme) should be 250-450 words, with single-line spacing, and a margin of 2 cm or .8 inch. Font used should be Arial 12pt.
- The length of each individual abstract (whether for a presentation within a symposium, individual oral presentation or poster) should be 150-250 words, with single-line spacing, and a margin of 2 cm or .8 inch. Font used should be Arial 12pt.
- All abstract submissions are blind reviewed by members of the Scientific Program Committee and other expert reviewers. Please ensure that all reference to author names and organizations are excluded from your abstract pages.
- The abstracts will contain text only, i.e. without diagrams, illustrations, tables, or graphics.
- All details should be accurate, as what you send to the Scientific Program Committee will be copied directly into the Conference Handbook. Responsibility for the accuracy of abstracts rests with the authors.
- Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Scientific Program Committee. All abstracts will be considered on the basis of the merit of the individual submission and will be rated according to relevance to conference theme, potential scientific and educational impact of the presentation, and the relevance of the content to the audience. Please note that the Scientific Program Committee may recommend acceptance of an abstract submission as a Poster, rather than an Individual Paper or vice versa. The Organizing Committee's decision on acceptance of the abstract will be final.
- All presenters are required to register and pay to attend the Conference no later than May 15, 2014. If this does not occur, presentations will not be programmed. If you need a letter of acceptance in order to secure funding from your institution prior to registering, please let us know and we will provide one.
- Please note that a computer and data projector/screen are standard in all rooms.
- Licensing of Content: In anticipation of the publication of abstracts, ICOPE6 requires that you grant a non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the abstract worldwide in all forms, formats and media now known or as developed in the future, including print, electronic and digital forms. You will retain copyright of your abstract, in addition to the moral rights you are entitled to as author of the abstract.
- The acceptance of a symposium/paper/poster does not imply funding of registration, travel arrangements, accommodation or other costs by the Congress Organizers.
- All correspondence will be forwarded by email to the corresponding author. It is assumed that the corresponding author will notify the other presenters/authors of outcomes.
The invitation to submit a symposium, individual paper, or poster, and the acceptance of your submission, does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference.
By submitting your symposium, individual paper, poster or participant idea exchange, you confirm that it has not been published or presented before. You also grant the Organizing Committee permission to publish the abstract in the Conference Handbook in hard copy and electronic format.
If you have issues with these two conditions, but still wish to submit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.