With a minor or graduate certificate in ethnic studies,
you’ll be prepared to engage in an increasingly multicultural world. These degree programs will also teach you:
- awareness of
- perspectives of peoples from a variety of backgrounds
- diverse history and experiences
- how to explore race, ethnicity, nationality, and identity in a changing world
A minor or graduate certificate in ethnic studies goes
beyond education. It provides personal growth in:
thinking and writing
- analytical skills applicable to job settings
- personal understanding and comprehension of your role in the process of lifelong learning
- learning how to apply your knowledge in achieving social justice or social change
Our academic programs are suitable if you:
to enter an occupation that requires a broad general education
- want to
complement a bachelor's degree for career advancement
seeking personal intellectual enrichment
- are enrolled
in statewide academic programs
considering a pre-professional program for
- medicine and healthcare
- law and community-based professions
- government and non-governmental agencies and organizations
- advocacy and leadership fields
Interdisciplinary minor in ethnic studies
Do you want to complement your current major with a minor that will open up new worlds? Consider ethnic studies.
Graduate certificate in ethnic studies
If you are a graduate student who wants to extend your knowledge and build your educational background, this certificate might be perfect for you.
Find a career
Many students who graduate with an ethnic studies degree find a career in:
- health care-ethnic studies gives you an awareness of clinical biases.
- social work-ethnic studies can increase your understanding of social biases and can improve your ability to work well with others.
- law-ethnic studies can introduce you to civil rights, trial experience, torts, and constitutional history.
- medicine-ethnic studies will improve your critical thinking, analysis, and reasoning and open you up to cultural medicinal practices.
- global relations and studies- ethnic studies can prepare you to become a diplomat and help you manage human relationships diplomatically.