GIVE stands for Get Involved in the Volunteer Experience, and Project GIVE is seeking to help you do just that! Project GIVE invites NAU students to participate in service to the Flagstaff community. We have numerous opportunities to help you get connected to Flagstaff, make new friends, and make a difference.
Project GIVE offers three ways to connect:
- As an individual, you can be connected to long-term volunteer placements (think un-paid internship) based on your unique SHAPES for Service that will build your resume and give you real-world experience in relation to your area of study.
- Groups can be connected to dynamic service experiences that will benefit the community and are great for team-building!
- Large-scale one-day events are a great way to get involved in the volunteer experience with minimal commitment. You will be introduced to a variety of volunteer opportunities in the community and have a lot of fun!
Examples of projects and agencies we partner with include:
- Northland Family Help Center
- Arizona’s Children Association
- Coconino Coalition for Children and Youth’s Flagstaff PAWS: Promoting Assets With Sculpture
- Schultz Flood Clean-up w/ Coconino County
- Inn Transitions/ Royal Inn
- El Nathan Camp
- St. Mary’s Food Bank
- Flagstaff Family Food Center
- Second Chance Center for Animals
- Northstar Youth Ranch
- …. and many more!