Fund your education
Browse through the list of NAU scholarship opportunities to assist with your educational goals.
Applied Indigenous Studies Scholarships
The Audrey Tsosie Memorial Scholarship
The Applied Indigenous Studies department will award a junior or senior Native American student no more than $500 for a semester.
- full-time Native American student on campus in good standing with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- junior or senior majoring in applied indigenous studies
- demonstrated financial aid
Thomas J. and Dolores C. Ballew Scholarship for Native Americans
This Fund is established by Thomas J. and Dolores C. Ballew (Tom and Dody Ballew, Founders) for the purpose of providing scholarships at NAU for Native American students. The fund is to be used to educate members of federally recognized Native American nations and tribes. The Founders have a sincere appreciation of the goals of Native Americans to honor their history, culture, philosophy and language; and of Northern Arizona University to become the nation's leading university serving Native Americans.
- Are registered members of a federally recognized Native
American nation or tribe;
- Maintain an overall grade point average of 2.5, where 4.0=A;
- Demonstrated financial need; and
- Preference given to members of the Navajo Nation
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid has information for tribal scholarships and tribal grants that you may be eligible for.
NAU Foundation Scholarships
You may apply for other scholarships and awards through the NAU Foundation.