Central office student positions
Hiring for these positions is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background investigation, employment history verification, and fingerprint check. If you have any questions about the Central Office staff positions, please call 928-523-5840 or email Ask.ResLife@nau.edu.
The Application for Desk Assistant, Student Custodian, and Community Development Assistant is currently closed. Please check back periodically for posting updates.
In order to be eligible for hire for these positions, you must complete four online trainings required by all University employees – FERPA, Information Security Essentials, Preventing Workplace Harassment, and Online Loss Prevention. After you submit an application, you will be sent an email from Ask.ResLife@nau.edu with instructions for these trainings. To learn more, visit the FAQ page.
Conduct Area Office Assistant
Provides support to the Conduct office and the Coordinator for Residential Student Conduct and Development. Job Description
Staff is responsible for answering emails and phone calls from students and hall staff regarding appointments for conduct meetings. Student workers will also schedule appointments and send out e-mails regarding those appointments, as well as perform basic office work such as scanning, saving and uploading documents. Staff members are required to work with confidential information regularly and must comply with FERPA guidelines when sharing this information. For this reason, applicants must be comfortable with the sensitive nature of this position.
Front Desk/Operations Assistant
The Housing and Residence Life Front Desk/Operations Assistant
position provides support to within the housing operations area of
the central office. Job Description
Provides support to the housing operations staff. The operations staff is responsible for processing housing applications, monitoring housing assignments, and placing housing charges on student LOUIE accounts for residents at NAU.
Residence Life Office Assistant
The Residence Life Office Assistant position provides support to Housing and Residence Life Administration, Hall Staffing, Programs, and Operations.Job Description
- Greet and welcome students, staff, and visitors
- Provide quality in person and over the telephone customer service
- Utilize multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a clean and organized work/project area
- Respond to emails from students as directed
- Enter data and upload documents for student staff hiring processes, Learning Communities, and other departmental programs
- Operate and possess general knowledge of office equipment (photocopier, shredder, etc.)
- Check out office equipment to Housing and Residence Life staff
- Assemble and organize student staff personnel files
- Audit paperwork, flyers, and other materials used for HRL processes
- Maintain order forms and supplies
- Assist with poster/publicity approvals and distribution to hall staff
- Provide general office support to Housing and Residence Life
- Other tasks and projects as determined
Central office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday- Friday, during the academic year.
Central office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, during the academic year.
questions about central office student employment positions? Visit the FAQ page
for answers to common questions and academic requirements.