We take pride in offering comfortable, functional staff apartments. Residence Hall Directors and Graduate Assistant Residence Hall Directors are provided with a one- or two-bedroom furnished apartment in the building they oversee. Other staff members are housed in one- or two-bedroom apartments in different areas on campus.
- queen-size bed for master bedroom
- comfortable and attractive furniture
- ceiling fans
- carpet and ceramic tile
- wired and wireless high-speed internet
- phone connections, including call waiting and call forwarding
- 24-hr reserved parking (staff member is responsible for purchase of parking permit)
- cable television, with option to upgrade
- $200/academic year laundry allowance for in-hall laundry facilities
Flagstaff and Area
Flagstaff —or “Flag” as locals call it—is a friendly city with a population of about 65,000, and is nestled at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks. When you think Arizona, you might not think “snow.” But when you think Northern Arizona, you should—Flagstaff receives abundant snow fall and even hosts its own ski resort. With four distinct seasons, nearly 300 days of sunshine, average summer highs of 80 degrees and winter highs in the 40s, living well in northern Arizona isn’t hard to do.
- 1.5 hours from the Grand Canyon
- 2.5 hours from Phoenix
- 4 hours from Las Vegas
- features over 200 restaurants
- nestled at the base of the San Francisco Peaks
- located in the middle of the largest ponderosa pine
forest in the world
- surrounded by some of the most beautiful country in
8 things you’ll
love about Flagstaff (the short list):
- Orpheum Theater—Flagstaff’s main music venue hosts
entertainment like Michael Franti, Atmosphere, RX Bandits, Roger Clyne
& The Peacemakers, Flogging Molly, and more.
- Arizona Snowbowl—our ski resort, just 7 miles from
- Sedona’s Oak Creek Canyon—or“the creek” as students
call it is where students go to enjoy laying out on the red rocks and
swimming in the creek.
- Endless hiking and mountain biking trails, and a
50-mile Urban Trail System for runners, walkers, and bike commuters.
- First Friday Art Walk—a once a month event downtown
where the Flagstaff and university communities come together to celebrate
art and mingle.
- Lowell Observatory—one of the premiere deep space
research sites in the world, and where Pluto was discovered!
- Heritage Square—Flagstaff’s historic town square
holds events like movies in the square, art fairs, and local concerts.
- Diablo Burger—located in heritage square and voted
the best burger in Arizona. No joke.
lie, life at 7,000 feet is a great time. Come find out for yourself!
Flagstaff At A GlanceRead More
From the City of Flagstaff Official Website
Elevation: 7,000 feet
County: Coconino County (second largest county in the 48 contiguous states)
Time Zone: Mountain Standard Time (MST) – but
we don’t observe daylight savings time
with four distinct seasons & approximately 100 inches of snow a year
Economy: Government is one of the largest employment
sectors as is tourism and scientific and high-tech research and development
Major Industries/Employers include:
- Northern Arizona University
- City of Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Medical Center
- Coconino County
- Nestle Purina
- W.L. Gore & Associates
* Estimated Census population for
Flagstaff ResourcesRead More