Graduate Assistantship Application Information
- November 2015: Application for the 2016-2017 academic year available
- January to March 2016: Search committee will conduct phone interviews for applicants not attending the Oshkosh Placement Exchange
- February 15, 2016: Application materials for the M.Ed. Counseling- Student Affairs program are due
- February 25 to February 28, 2016: Search committee will conduct interviews at the Oshkosh Placement Exchange
- March 2016: Rolling offers will be made upon acceptance to applicant’s graduate program
- July 2016: Foundations training for graduate and professional staff
In order to be considered for one of the Graduate Assistantships in Housing and Residence Life, you must complete the application process outlined below.
- Review position descriptions for all of the Graduate Assistantships available in Housing and Residence Life
- Complete the online Graduate Assistant application form
- Email cover letter(s), resume and unofficial transcript(s) to CSA.GA@nau.edu. You may tailor your cover letter(s) to a specific position, or you may choose to send a single, general cover letter to complement all positions of interest
- Complete all steps of application to the NAU Graduate Program of interest
Please note that initial information for all of the NAU Enrollment Management and Student Affairs assistantships is collected through one application. Candidates may have position specific interviews for each of various graduate assistantships available through Housing and Residence Life.
High preference is given to those who are in the
Counseling-Student Affairs program, however we also consider applicants in
other graduate degree programs. There are programs that, due to the academic
rigor, prohibit an assistantship of this type. If you have any questions about
graduate programs, please contact the academic departments directly.
Please reference the Counseling-Student Affairs
program website for more information about the
program. The application deadline for the Counseling-Student Affairs program is February 15, 2016. For specific questions about
the academic program, contact Dr. Susan Longerbeam,
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call
(928)523-5840 with any questions.