Business Learning Community
this group if you want to:
- Tour local businesses and meet
with the management teams to learn more about business.
- Gain the tools, knowledge, and
perspectives you need to become a leader within the business profession
- Spend time meeting and creating
relationships with current and future professors.
- Attend social events with fellow
freshmen business students.
- Learn new study skills during
- Begin exploring career paths in
all areas of business.
- Receive one-on-one attention from
a Learning Community Mentor, who is also a business student.
- Participate in mock interviews and
resume workshops to help you prepare for applying for internships and
other employment opportunities.
- Build long-lasting relationships
with students who have the same goals and aspirations as you.
The Business Learning
Community is located in Sechrist or McConnell halls. Students majoring in accounting, business
economics, computer information systems, finance, management and marketing may want
to consider joining this learning community.
in certain high-demand, major-based classes will be reserved for Business
Learning Community residents. Your adviser will help you enroll in these
Seats will be
- MGT 101 – Introduction to Business: introduces the
functional areas of business management and how they interrelate to
maximize wealth in a socially responsible way.
- CIS 120 – Introduction to Computer
Information Systems: introduces computer and
information systems, including the development and hands-on use of
applications designed for communications, decision support, and database
- ACC 205 – Legal, Ethical, Global,
and Regulatory Environment of Business: introduces
thebasics of the environment of business, including legal and
ethical issues and the regulatory and global environment of business that
affect business policies and decisions.