Freshman Connections Events
Welcome Week events
During these first two weeks in the semester, RAs will invite you to some of
these activities. Check out all the possibilities on the Welcome Week website.
Participate in activities and events to help successfully
transition into college. Many events are initiated by the RA, but there are
larger programs for all freshman students as well, including:
- The Letters,
August 25 at 12:30 p.m. – Come to the south fields
in your blue and gold to form the N, A, and U letters together for a picture of
all incoming freshmen.
- Tie-dye Party,
September 7 from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. on the Reilly lawn. Come join hundreds of
freshmen as they tie-dye their Freshman Connections t-shirt.
- Running of the Freshmen,
September 15 at 2:15 p.m. – Get geared up in your blue and gold so you can run
out in front of the football team at the first game of the season.
- Can I Kiss You? September 20 @ 7-8pm in duBois Ballroom – Come laugh ‘til you cry at this revealing look at dating and intimacy.
- In-hall Group Exercise Classes, September 23-28 – As part of the Freshman Fusion
series, join others in your hall’s lobby area for a group exercise class.
- October 15-20, 2012 – Participate in the many homecoming traditions with others from your hall association. Be a part of the Saturday parade and help your Hall Association build a float.
Swing Into Spring
- For the first three weeks of the spring semester, a series of events and activities are provided that focus on welcoming you back, providing academic success tips, and providing information on having a healthy semester. Look for information from your RA about all the events, including floor meetings during the first week and a New Year’s Party in your building’s lobby on February 1 @ 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- The staff of McConnell Hall are hosting a formal dance to raise money for the American Cancer Society on January 26 @ 8-12 p.m. in the duBois Ballroom. Tickets are $5 per person at the door.