How to File Amendments and Continuing Review
If your IRB application was submitted and approved through IRBNet, please follow the instructions below to submit a Research Amendment or an Application for Continuing Review (to extend your IRB approval for another year).
If your IRB application was submitted and approved through the old system (NAIRBe), please submit your amendment or continuing review form by email to the IRB office.
To amend or extend your IRB-approved research via IRBNet, you need to add a new package to your
existing project by doing the following:
- Log in at www.irbnet.org.
- Click on Forms and Templates in the blue panel at left.
- Select the appropriate form (either Amendment Form or Application for Continuing Review), fill it out, and save it on your computer. If you are amending your project to add researchers, you should also download and complete the Additional Personnel Addendum Form to submit along with the Amendment Form.
- Click on your project title in blue.
- Click on Project History in the blue panel at
- Click on Create New Package.
- Click on New Document Package in blue.
- Click on Add New Document and attach your form. Under Document Type, select Amendment/Modification or Continuing Review/Progress Report and browse for your filled-out form.
- To include a revised consent form or other
document (such as the Additional Personnel Addendum), click on Add New Document again and attach it.
- When you’re done attaching documents, select
Submit this Package.
- Select NAU IRB.
- Select Amendment/Modification
or Continuing Review/Progress Report as the Submission
Type and add any comments you have.
- When you click Submit the package will come to the IRB office for review. You can then log out or close your web browser.