Mold

Mold found on indoor building materials doesn’t necessarily mean that a health hazard exists.  Exposure to mold spores may induce an allergic reaction in a small percent of the population that has an allergy but the majority of the population does not react at all-similar to pollen exposure during allergy seasons.  The common sense approach is to effectively remove all visible mold on substrates as quickly as possible and repair the water source.  For more information, please refer to the following credible and science-based information:

For more information about mold or if you think you have a mold problem, please contact NAU’s Industrial Hygienist (Jim Biddle) at 928-523-6109 for assistance.