Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if my graduation application is denied?
If you have not satisfied the requirements for graduation within the set time frame, your graduation application will be denied. Once all of the deficiencies have been resolved and you are ready to graduate, you will need to reapply for graduation.

I no longer have access to my NAU email account, how can I reactivate my email?
To reactivate your NAU email account, contact the NAU Student Help Desk by calling 928-523-9294 or visit ITS Support.

I no longer have access to my LOUIE account, how can I pay my graduation fee along with any outstanding tuition or fees?
Please visit the Student Accounts website for more information on making payments.

I am currently out of the country, how do I make a payment on my student account?
The Student Accounts Area suggests you contact their office for the routing information to do a wire transfer to pay all Graduation Fees. You can contact them via email or call 866-234-6153.

I need verification of my pending degree but have not yet graduated, where can I get an official letter stating I'm on track for graduation?
The Office of the Registrar does not provide verification of pending graduation to you prior to your degree being awarded. Please contact your Academic Advisor to request an official letter stating that you’re on track for graduation.

What are the graduation dates?

Graduation Term

Priority Date to Apply

Commencement Booklet Deadline

Last Day to Apply

Fall 2014

May 1st   

September 15th

December 12, 2014

Winter 2014

May 1st  

September 15th

January 9, 2015

Spring 2015

December 1st  

February 15th

May 8, 2015

Summer 2015

December 1st  

February 15th

August 4, 2015

Fall 2015

May 1st  

September 15th

December 18, 2015

Winter 2015

May 1st  

September 15th

January 15, 2016

When is the last day to award a degree for a graduation term?

Graduation Term

Approximate Close Date


March 1st


March 15th


August 1st


October 1st

I didn't find my question/answer. Who can I contact?
  • Questions regarding the commencement ceremony can be directed to
  • Questions regarding cap and gown, honor pins/cords. announcements, etc. can be directed to the NAU Bookstore.
  • Questions regarding the graduation application, graduation fee(s), or diploma can be directed to
  • Questions regarding the graduation process for graduate students can be directed to the Graduate College.