What to Expect
Who can use the climbing facility?
There are several scenarios where you can use the facility:
- All Northern Arizona University students, Health
and Learning Center (HLC) members, and member guests may access the climbing
wall free of charge during open climb hours.
- You can purchase a non-member pass at the front
desk of the Recreation Center when sponsored by a member.
- Participation in clinics and programs
such as family day, as well as climbing competitions is available to HLC
non-members without sponsorship.
- Anyone may rent the climbing wall for a
We encourage Northern Arizona University students, staff,
faculty, and community with all levels of climbing experience and ability to
drop by the wall during open hours. No appointment is necessary, but allow
yourself at least 40 minutes for your first visit.
Simply check in at the desk by the climbing wall where our
friendly staff will:
- give you a blank medical information and informed consent liability waiver to complete. It is mandatory that we have a complete form
for each individual who enters the climbing area. Minors will need to provide a form signed by
a parent or guardian.
- provide you with a facility orientation
- teach you how to check out and use climbing gear
- provide information on how to continue with the sport of climbing
If you are a returning climber to the wall:
- Sign-in at the climbing wall desk.
- Staff will verify that you have completed the
liability form (required only once per year).
- Request any necessary gear.
- Enjoy your climb!