Experiential wilderness retreats
A wilderness retreat expands the Challenge Course experience
and adds the adventure of the natural environment of the Southwest.
Many of these experiences are custom built to meet your
goals and needs. Below are a few of the options available.
Centennial Forest overnight
Just a short drive from Flagstaff, the Centennial Forest has been
established as an outdoor laboratory for Northern Arizona University. We have
partnered with the School of Forestry
to provide overnight experiences on their field campus.
- wall tents
- bunk beds that sleep up to 38 people
- a large ramada that is perfect for meetings, picnics
and group meals
- access to the world’s largest continuous
Ponderosa Pine forest
- wildlife viewing opportunities
- excellent star gazing
Possible learning experiences include:
- interpretive programming with forester Cheryl
- primitive living and outdoor survival skills.
- interpretive programming with the Arboretum
- map and compass challenge
Check out this Google map of the Centennial Forest.