Parking and Shuttle Updates
Parking and Shuttle Services, in conjunction with campus and community partners, recently improved existing services and provided new assistance for your travel to and around campus. These changes or updates include:
- 1/26/15 - A limited amount of NC (north commuter), R3 and R6 permits are currently available for sale or exchange. R3 and R6 residents who were temporarily assigned alternate zones may bring in the purchased permit for exchange prior to 1/30/15, while supplies last. If the purchased permit has not been received in the mail call our office and we will reserve a permit for you, while supplies last.
- 1/12/15 - Zones NC (north commuter), R3 and R6 are currently sold out. North commuters and R3 residents may choose either the San Francisco or Knoles parking garage. R6 residents may choose SC (south commuter). We will be conducting stall counts to determine if more permits may be allotted for the sold out zones. Please call our office after 1/26/15 for updates.
- 1/8/15 -Mountain Line Service Changes to Routes 7, 10A, and 14 - The Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public
Transportation Authority (NAIPTA) is adding weekend service on Routes 14 and
10A, as well as making slight schedule changes to Routes 7 and 14 in order to
better meet customer demand and keep reliable, on-time performance. Click here to review the full article.
- 12/23/14 - On 1/1/15, 25
North Commuter (NC) permits are available for purchase online or exchange. When the 25
permits are sold out a wait-list option will appear and permits will be available on
a first come first served basis if space allows. If
exchanging, bring in the current permit and ID to the Parking and Shuttle
Services office. A $5 exchange fee will be charged.
- 12/15/14 - Year round, a vehicle must display a valid permit to park on campus, excluding university recognized holidays and winter closure (December 25, 2014 to January 5, 2015). We are able to relax zones during summer, winter, and spring breaks to allow for more movement on campus. Currently, a campus zone exception is in effect. Commuter permit holders may park in any commuter lot (NC or SC). Resident permit holders may park in any residential lot (R1, R3, R4, R5, and R6, except R2), and any commuter lot. Parking garage permit holders (PG96A and PG96B) may park in the permit designated parking garage, any employee, residential, or commuter lot. Employee permit holders may park in any employee, residential or commuter lots. The campus zone exception will end on 1/9/15.
- 5/12/14 - Year round, a vehicle must display a valid permit to park on campus, excluding university recognized holidays. We are able to relax zones during summer, winter, and spring breaks to allow for more movement on campus. Currently, a campus zone exception is in effect. Commuter permit holders may park in any commuter lot (NC or SC). Resident permit holders may park in any residential lot (R1, R3, R4, R5, and R6, except R2), and any commuter lot. Parking garage permit holders (PG96A and PG96B) may park in the permit designated parking garage, any employee, residential, or commuter lot. Employee permit holders may park in any employee, residential or commuter lots. The campus zone exception will end on 8/22/14.
- 5/12/14 - Summer shuttle hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The bus stops are located at the Skydome, McConnell, Forestry/South Village, P62, SBS, Campus Heights/Gabaldon, Union/Fine Arts, Old Main, and ARD. A bus leaves the Skydome on the hour, every hour, until 5 p.m. The summer shuttle schedule will end on 8/22/14.
- Up to ten vehicles may now be added to a valid permit, with only one vehicle displaying the permit parked on campus at any time.
- A kiosk is now located in P66 (Skydome) for short-term parking or daily use. All kiosks accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and debit cards with Visa and MasterCard logos only.
- Installing a kiosk, located on the south side of the Health and Learning Center building (28A), for Health Services patients only. A code is required to enter at the kiosk to receive a free temporary parking permit and is included in the appointment reminder email. If you visit Health Services as a walk-in client, follow the instructions on the kiosk. The temporary permit should be displayed in its entirety on the passenger side windshield, and expires two hours after issuance.
- Adding daily "pay by lot" online permit options for lots P13 (Cline Library), P62 (I-40), P64 (NAUPD/Capital Assets), and P66 (Skydome). Simply order, print the permit, and display the permit in its entirety on the passenger side windshield.
- The addition of the San Francisco Parking Garage (lot P96B)
- permits are available for purchase
- a permit owner with a temporary permit may call our office at 928-523-6623 to receive a code to access the garage
- The addition of bike lockers, including storage for personal belongings, located near the following buildings:
- Calderon Hall
- Campbell Hall
- Cowden Learning Center
- Gabaldon Hall
- McConnell Hall
- McKay Village/Reilly Hall
- Raymond Hall
- The addition of bike enclosures, including storage for personal belongings, located in the following garages:
- San Francisco
- Mountain View
- Clearly defining bike and pedestrian paths, and posting new signs to improve safety between bike, pedestrian, and personal vehicle intersections
- Improving campus shuttle and Mountain Link routes to ensure more efficient and timely service
- Replacing meters with "pay by space" stalls for short-term parking located in the following lots:
- P16 (the Union)
- P45 (du Bois Center)