Our number one priority is providing streamlined, effective transportation around campus, and we are proud to share the following information about our services.
- Students responding to the 2013 Transportation Survey reported 90% satisfaction when interacting or receiving service from Parking and Shuttle Services staff.
- 1.3 million rides were provided to students, faculty and staff on campus shuttles during the 2012-2013 academic year increasing from 1.1 million riders during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Our GPS map, Shuttle Watch, provides real-time tracking of our shuttles and is accessible from most mobile devices and any internet connection. 84,272 hits were received during the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Since 2010, 15 of the 20 campus shuttle buses are new expanding capacity by approximately 200 students. The new buses have double doors which allows for faster boarding and de-boarding resulting in more efficient service. This also reduces our carbon footprint and increases the reliability of service.
Getting around campus and Flagstaff
The Mountain Link shuttle, which is a partnership between the university and other agencies, provides free service to students, staff, and faculty with ID seven days a week, with routes covering:
- Downtown Flagstaff
- Northern Arizona University
- Harkins Movie Theatre
Mountain Link makes it easy to get around the university and the town with hybrid electric buses equipped with bike holders. The Mountain Link also connects with the city’s public bus system, the Mountain Line.
Stay up to date on our shuttle information, new and changing routes, and more.
Two routes are offered for your convenience.
The Louie Line is the main shuttle route and runs from the Walkup Skydome (building #73) northbound with multiple stops. This service operates Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. = Every three to five minutes
- 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. = Every fifteen minutes
- 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. = Every thirty minutes
The Rapid Ride is the express route and runs from the Skydome with stops at the Social and Behavioral Science (building #65), the Union (building #30A), behind Ashurst (building #11), and southbound at ARD (building #56). There are only five stops on this route to minimize transport time. This service operates Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. = Every six minutes
SafeRide provides service from campus to downtown Flagstaff Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. SafeRide begins the weekend after the second week of classes during the fall and spring semester. This service makes stops at:
- McConnell Drive (near P40 and the foot bridge)
- Hilltop Townhomes
- Wilson Hall
- Corner of Mountain View Drive and San Francisco Street
- The Orpheum (downtown)
Off-campus transportation services
Need to travel out of town? Here are links to some available services. We do not endorse a particular service.
Service for students with disabilities
Most campus shuttle vehicles are fully accessible, and students with disabilities may also arrange free transportation for special times and needs.
To apply for accommodation, write to:
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 5633
Flagstaff, AZ 86001-5633