Insurance and payment
Our services are available for all currently-enrolled
Northern Arizona University students who have paid the mandatory semester
Health and Recreation Fee. Insurance is not required to receive our services;
however, it is suggested.
You can choose from these four plan options in order to
get treatment from Medical Services:
- Fee for Service: You pay out-of-pocket for services
and are charged $58 per office visit along with any other labs or procedures
you have done.
- Gold Plan: You pay $120 per semester and most
services provided by Medical Services are covered with a $5 co-pay per service.
- Blue Plan: You pay $75 per semester and office visits provided by Medical Services are covered with a $5 co-pay per visit.
- Major medical student insurance plan: This group
health insurance product is offered by all three state universities in Arizona
and provides group coverage to students who are uninsured, need a less
expensive alternative, or need an Arizona provider network. Primary care is
covered at Medical Services with a $10 co-pay for each office visit, lab,
- Your own contracted insurance: We are
currently contracted with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, and United Healthcare.
For additional information contact our insurance office at 928-523-6343.
The Gold Plan and Blue Plan must be paid in full to be in effect. Any services received before the plans are paid in full will not be covered at the discounted rate.