Ektron CMS Troubleshooting
Run into an issue while using Ektron CMS? Check out common issues and how to resolve them.
You can also contact EDEN Help at 928-523-9CMS (3-9267) or EDEN-Help@nau.edu.
Table of Contents
Remove spacing before a line
To remove the extra wide space:
- Put your cursor at the front of the line directly below the extra space.
- Hit the "Backspace" key.
- Click "Shift + Enter". The extra space should be removed.
- Repeat for each line.
Permissions: I do not have permissions for a page on my site
If it does not appear that you have permissions for a particular page on your website, check the status of your webpage.
Page must be in "A" status
- Log into Ektron CMS.
- Navigate to your site's folder.
- Do NOT use Surf and Edit mode.
- Click on your site folder to see display the webpages in your folder.
- Pages must be in an "A" or "I" status for you to be able to edit.
- See the "Page Status" section of the "Publish-Save-Check-in" page for further details.
Must use Google Chrome or Safari
- Make sure you are using the "Google Chrome" or "Safari" internet browsers. Using other browsers will not give you all permissions you need to maintain your site.
Menu: missing error when adding a menu
If you have added a menu to your website, but the word " <missing> " is appearing in the left navigation you may need to update your page layout. See the page layout webpage in our online manual for more details.