Ensure your photo is added to the page, every time.
Sometimes when you try to add a photo to a "Layout Editor" content type from the library it refuses to display, even if you do each step correctly. For one reason or another, the CMS will not allow a picture to be inserted at the edge of a content area. An easy fix for this is to hit the spacebar key in the Page Content area prior to clicking the "Library" icon, as seen here:
Now you may proceed to click the "Library" icon and insert your photo from the library. When you are done, you can delete the space before the photo.
How to insert photos
- To insert a photo on an existing page, place the blinking text cursor where you would like your image to appear and press the Spacebar. The CMS will not insert a photo on the edge of a content area, so inserting this space allows an image to be placed in that location.
- In the toolbar, select the Library icon (a blue book) and a new window will open. Navigate to the folder that will house your image file on the server. Images should be saved in your "Media" folder.
- Select the “Add Library” icon (book with an arrow, next to the magnifying glass).
- Select “Choose File” and navigate to the local image file (on your computer).
- Select “Open”.
- Add a title to the image.
- Select the “Add to Library” icon (books with plus sign, next to the magnifying glass).
- Delete the space you inserted before the picture in step one. Your image should now appear in the “Content Editor” where your text cursor was placed.