How to size images to the correct size before uploading to Ektron CMS
Reference the Image Size Index for the appropriate size. Ektron
CMS works best with .JPG and .PNG files.
We advice against adding text to images due to accessibility issues. Minimal text can be added to images if the steps are followed to ensure it meets accessibility standards.
Watch the eLearning on how to prep images.
Steps for prepping photos
- Go to pixlr.com to re-size your images.
- Select the first option "Open Pixlr Editor (Advanced)".
- Select the option “Open Image from Computer”.
- A pop-up of your drive/folder structure will
appear. Navigate to the image you want to crop.
- At the top of your screen select “Output Size”
and input the width and height (according to the Image Size Index). Units are automatically considered pixels (px).
- Bring your cursor down to the image until it
changes into cross-hairs. Click and drag
to select the image area you want. Click
outside the box when completed.
- A pop-up box will ask, “Do you want to apply changes?” Click “Yes”.
- From the file drop-down menu, select “Save”.
- In the Pop-up box name your image. Include the size of it at the end for easy reference. (ex. Hydrangeas-145x130). Click “OK”.
- Your drive/folder structure will pop-up. Navigate to where you want to save the file and click “Save”.
- The picture is now ready to load to the CMS. See Inserting Photos.
If you know the exact width (or height) you want and want the height
(or width) to adjust accordingly, do the following:
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- On the top menu bar, select “Image” and then
select “Image Size” from the drop down.
- In the pop-up box input the width (or height)
you want the image to be. (Keep the
“Constrain proportions” box clicked.)
- Complete steps 7-11 above.