Flagstaff Trans* Group
- The Flag Trans* group is dedicated to individuals that
identify as Transgender, Genderqueer, or questioning. The group is a place
where Trans* students can share and discuss their experiences in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Meets every Monday from 7 - 9 pm at Flagstaff Federated Community Church, 400 W. Aspen Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (not sponsored or affiliated with the church). Enter through the side door (the one on the ground floor) and the meeting room is the first one on the left. For additional information contact: LGBTQA@nau.edu
- Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
Northern Arizona University is committed to creating and maintaining an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation that is unlawful or prohibited by University policy. The University prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, by University employees, students, contractors, or agents of the University and by anyone participating in a University sponsored activity against an individual based on a protected classification. Protected classification includes race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected category. The University also prohibits retaliation because an individual has engaged in a protected activity.
The University will take prompt and appropriate action to: (1) thoroughly investigate complaints under this policy; and (2) prevent, correct and, if necessary, discipline individuals who engage in behavior that violates this policy in accordance with University policies. All members of the University community are responsible for participating in creating a campus environment free from all forms of prohibited discrimination and for cooperating with University officials who investigate allegations of policy violations.
Working and Learning Environment Policy
On-Campus housing options
Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Allies (LGBTQIA) Studies Residential
Learning Community (RLC)
- This RLC honors the contributions and experiences of
the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Ally Community
while providing a supportive safe space for first-year students.
Inclusive Housing (GIH)
- GIH was created with the goal of providing students who
identify as Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Questioning, and Gender Variant a
positive experience and greater sense of belonging within NAU’s residential
Requesting changes to university information
- Gender Neutral Restroom Map: Visit the Interactive Campus Map, click on restrooms in the left hand column and then gender neutral restrooms. Click on the red markers that pop up and the gender neutral restroom category will list specifically where that restroom is located in that building.